• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What class of medication do you feel is most useful for you?

bronson

Bluelighter
What class of medication do you feel is most useful for you and why?

{I'm asking this from a standpoint of what helps your various aliments or conditions, and this doesn't concern what you enjoy recreationally.}

For me I would have to choose antihistamines for several reasons.
->They help out a great deal with my anxiety.
->They help me to sleep better at night.
->They help my allergies during hay-fever season.
->They don't have addiction or dependence issues.

---------------

I'm very interested to hear everyone else's opinion on what class of medication they think is the most versatile.

i would have to say benzos. theyre the most useful if experiencing anxiety

I used to take medication (Lamictal, Prozac, Klonopin) for anxiety, depression, insomnia and schizophrenia (my official diagnosis). However, I used said medication to relieve the aftermath of psychosis and HPPD from psychedelics and dissociatives. After 5 years, I got over those problems and weaned off everything. I still have bad social anxiety and bouts of depression, but a consistent exercise regime takes care of that.

Meditation > medication IMHO.

I've been an anxious worrier my whole life, but I found that breathing and focusing exercises actually work if you practice.

Meditation won't stop your balls from itching so that's why I choose antifungal cream.

^^ Meditation could help you make decisions that prevent you from getting ball fungus though. Scratching works too :D

I assumed OP was talking about general well-being rather than specific ailments.

Fresh food high in fiber and anti-oxidants. This will fight all disease and promote general health.

Colloidal silver is a very effective disinfectant for wounds and infections. I recently used it to cure my dog's ear infection and have used it to heal my own cuts several times. It can also be taken internally to battle bacterial, fungal, and viral sickness.

Sedatives for insomnia.

Opiates and Ganja for effective pain killing and mood alteration.

I assumed OP was talking about general well-being rather than specific ailments.

I was actually asking what people feel helps their specific ailments the most, so things have gotten a little misinterpreted somewhere along the way.

That's okay though, there have been some interesting as well as humorous responses, and I'm sure there will be many more to come.

Social anxiety/phobias: Opiates
Depression: Opiates
Physical pain (fibromyalgia?): Opiates
PMS: Prozac (opiates make it worse by funking with my hormones)

I'd say the most detrimental class of drugs for me would be antihistamines, as they worsen my depression, cause me to overeat and make me feel very fatigued. Alcohol also does not agree with me, so I avoid it altogether. While I can't go without my Prozac, I feel that opiates and mild stimulants like propylhexedrine are much more effective mood enhancers than SSRIs.